Monday, October 22, 2012

A Real Bargain!

I went to a CD store in Arlington this past Saturday and was able to find something good to listen to -- guitarist Jonathan Butler's second album from 1987. (Yes, I still buy CDs when they're on sale.) Before I found the CD I wanted I came across another CD that was on sale-- Mariah Carey's 1990 debut album, which is already in my collection. Both CDs were in the $3.99 sale bin.

Mr. Butler's CD was marked down from $6.99.... Ms. Carey's was marked down from $4.00! That's right... one penny less! Yeah, a real sale!

So that got me thinking... Hopefully most of you know the tricks that marketing plays on us, especially when it comes to gas prices. When your station posts a price in large numbers (like $3.26) there's a small 9 after it (usually as a superscript). Just know you're really paying $3.27 a gallon and you'll have a little less in the pocketbook then intended.

Also, wait for something to go on sale... It just might drop ONE WHOLE CENT and you can get some of that gas money back!

No comments:

Post a Comment